Saturday, November 6, 2010

Onwards and Upwards

Hello all! Trying to get back into the swing of the blogging thing as I decide where to go from here. Stick with Etsy or try another online selling venue? Sell online or stick with craft shows and Facebook? Give it up entirely? Remain a hobbyist forever or take the plunge and incorporate?

To top it off, a number of health issues have been coming to call, the most prevalent being the Constant Headache (most likely a migraine that is constant but not a full-blown headache, just a perpetual avoidance of bright light and loud noise, a bad combo for a preschool music teacher LOL) and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which is short for My Immune System Is Eating My Thyroid Gland And The Side Effects Suck.

That said, I've still got tons of tie-dyed stuff around the house that will be happiest once it finds new homes with people who will love it and wear it. :-) Two craft shows this month: Trash To Treasure in Upper Marlboro, MD - set in a HUGE park, a lovely setting and run by awesome people who even FEED us! - and the Liberty High School Instrumental Music Boosters' show in Eldersburg (Carroll County), MD. If you're local to either of these, come on out! If you're not, by all means do send me a message and let me know what I can dye for you! The Holidays are on the way, and there's still time to do custom work and get it to you before Christmas/Hanukkah/Yule/Festivus/Other. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Deb! I am so sorry to hear that you are dealing with Hashimoto's. I found your site and love this post. I actually had Hashimoto’s myself and used natural means to put it into remission. Now I work as a Holistic Health Counselor and teach others to do the same. Would love to chat with you more about what you’re going through! :) Thanks for such a beautiful blog.

CrunchyMama said...

Thanks, Liz. I've been sorting thru a LOT of information lately on Hashimoto's and I feel confident that I can get it into remission. Frankly, I credit my diet with keeping it at bay this long; except for that and the headaches, we really are a pretty healthy family. :-) At the moment it's a matter of working out the migraine triggers, some of which are cyclical but some might be dietary. So far caffeine seems to alleviate, not cause, the migraines, but still working out the rest. Having children who are sensitive to systemic candida and to food additives has been a real education for us!

Peace!