Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good news, bad news

Trash to Treasure was a lot of fun! Some good news, and some bad news, though.

The good news? Met some lovely crafters and artisans and made more sales than last year. Bought THE LAST of Karen's lovely hummingbird feeders as a present for my dad for Christmas. Also got myself the CUTEST cell phone holder made from GROCERY BAGS that had been cut into strips which were in turn crocheted into the holder - and as soon as I can remember the name of the lovely woman who, with her daughter, creates these fabulous items, I will link to them too! Came home with two custom orders to do, both of which have been laundered so I can get busy dyeing them this week.

The bad news: Even though I sold more than last year, and got lots more traffic, I also paid twice the table fee for a larger space so I still didn't *quite* break even. :-( Oh, and I came home with what has blossomed into THE worst sinus infection I've had in a long long time. I don't do antibiotics lightly, so when I went in to Urgent Care this evening, it was because I was really hurting.

So, more onward and upward. The Liberty High School Instrumental Music Boosters is having their Fall Craft Show this Saturday, November 20th from 9-3 (they also have one in Spring, but this will be my first with them). I'm so looking forward to a different kind of venue, even though I have to lug my own tables to this one. My older child is hoping to sell some of her jewelry creations too, if I can find her a space to set some out. She's even volunteered on her own to spend the day with me to do the show - not bad for a not-quite-9-year-old. :-) She's got Mommy's entrepreneurial streak - let's hope she didn't inherit Mommy's paperwork phobia. LOL

I've also been working and re-working my layout and how to work with tables and the clothing racks. I've got a single rack, a double rack, and two tables, and arranging them in a way that flows is tricky. I did work out a better arrangement for the T2T show, but by the time I had it sorted and was ready to move stuff, people started REALLY coming in and it never got quiet enough to take advantage, so I literally had to TELL people to go to the OTHER side of the clothing rack and look at the stuff on that table BEFORE they went to look at shiny new compost canisters. It worked, too - sold a tote bag over there at least, and the odd nightshirt.

Anyway, if you're in the neighborhood of Eldersburg in Carroll County, MD this Saturday, do stop by and say hello. I'll be dyeing plenty of blue and gold for this one. :-)

No comments: