Sunday, January 9, 2011

Holiday Mayhem has ended!

And there was much rejoicing! (muffled "yaaay!" in background from the Knights of the round Table)

It's a new year, with some new projects in the works. First step: exploring going fully legal. Not just the "Get a temporary sales tax license for each craft show I do in Maryland" legal, but the whole shebang. For the paperwork-phobe that is me, this is a HUGE HUGE step. *gulp!*

To that end I'm hoping that our city's art center still has room in their Business of Art class this week for me. An hour and a half to learn about the paperwork required would be a great start. :-)

And now there's an uproar on Etsy about some really REALLY offensive greeting cards that Etsy won't take down, citing Free Speech and all that. I debated about linking to the cards but I really don't want to give the seller any more publicity - but there are potential buyers out there now who are boycotting Etsy over this, and if they're boycotting Etsy, they're not coming to my shop. :-( So I'm looking at Zibbet as a possible new place to sell.

Now to get some tie-dye in the laundry for washing out. What a colorful start to the new year!

No comments: