Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Goodwill ROCKS!!!!

I've been buying most of my tie-dyeing tees at Target since they have such great cotton clothes. Can't seem to get cotton tees at craft stores, even the ones that sell dyes - Michael's, ACMoore, JoAnns - ARE YOU READING?!?!? *sigh*

So for Mother's Day I requested and got some "retail therapy" time at the Goodwill in the next town up the road. I'd found some good stuff there a month or so ago but their registers died just before I got to the counter so they weren't taking credit cards, and I didn't have nearly enough cash to get the stuff I'd selected. Bummer. THIS time, though..... BOOYAHHH!!!! Even managed to pick up a couple things for myself, including a SWEEEET all-cotton French-made blouse and a cute lingerie-type tank; the tank has already been dyed in 3 different shades of green, and I don't care if it's snug, I LOVE IT!!!

Found some of the same toddler dresses I had to leave last time, and they'll be so much fun for Winter wear, being made of waffle knit and all, like long underwear. And the long-sleeved women's stuff? Perfect for Fall and Winter! :) Even managed to find some Target shirts on sale there!

Oh, and a cute pair of toddler pants I HAD to get! Dyed them in patches sort of like a jester's outfit, red and pink and some blue. Definitely girly, with cute trim at the bottom of each pants leg, but unique too, one of a kind.

THEN.... I went to the fabric store and found these neat-o cotton skirts on sale, the peasant skirts in all-white cotton. They're all tied and ready to soak in soda ash for some cool experiments in color.

Now, to find a few spare minutes to actually put something new on the website..... *guilty grin*

No comments: