Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Almost Summer!!!!!

OK, we survived Memorial Day with only Fifth Disease as a blip on the radar. Thankfully no pregnant mommies here recently. Oy.

Had some fun at Target today picking up some more stuff - a whole basket FULL to the brim (and over) of white cotton stuff. Tops, leggings, even towels for the beach. Now I'll HAVE to dye them and sell them to make up the cost..... :)

The other thing that's kind of got me a little torqued is that in order for me to make any money at this, I'll have to raise my prices if it's going to be for actual profit and not just for fun. I don't want to soak the customers, but at the same time, till I get done paying self-employment taxes and Social Security and increased postage and all the other stuff that'll come with going "legit," the way I'm doing things now isn't going to cut it. *sigh*

That said, though, it's giving me a lot more appreciation for the other artists and crafters out there - and I think that can only be a good thing. :)

No comments: